Tuesday 24 September 2013

Patrick Grant & The Flesh Vignettes - Gather All Around You


I worked with a guy called Patrick Grant this summer, working at Kops Records in Toronto. One day as I was rolling into work, he tossed me an EP he made. I gave it a listen that night and loved it! He recorded it at Back Bone Studios, an independent record studio in Toronto. I was really impressed by his thoughtful lyrics and especially by his guitar work! The aching, bending guitar of In The Basement at the Party is similar to J Mascis's (Dinosaur Jr.'s Guitarist/Frontman) solo material or the Magnolia Electric Company. Each song adds something unique to this EP, yet they feel connected through theme and mood. I connect to the EP because I think the songs all generally touch on that early part of adulthood, when you're still finding out who you are and what all these strange events we call life really mean.

Give Pat's EP a listen! here!



1. I Dont Want
2. Hanging in Gold
3. In The Basement At The Party
4. Silhouettes
5. Women



No comments:

Post a Comment