Thursday 4 April 2013

Rhymesayers Entertainment


This is a new segment I'm going to try, where I am going to tell you guys about different record labels that have cool new artists to check out. I did a post on Diplo's label MAD DECENT a while ago, which inspired this. I think record labels are a fantastic way of finding new music. That said, today I want to show you guys RHYMESAYERS Entertainment. This label was started by Slug and Ant (a.k.a. Atmosphere), Musap and Siddiq in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Atmosphere is one of my favourite rap artists, and they have released the majority of their material on RHYMESAYERS for a start. Then add other established rap names like MF DOOM and AESOP ROCK and you have a solid foundation for a label. As a group, these artists have put out some of my favourite rap in the post 90's era. Here's a sampling of some RHYMESAYERS tracks!


No comments:

Post a Comment